"We were craving burgers… really, really great burgers and we are working on a series of new burgers. So, of course, we had to use Zaycon Fresh 1/3-pound hamburger patties topped with Ken’s smoked mozzarella cheese and our famous bacon weave. Just for fun we topped these with onion rings. We made our own special sauce of Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce Apple Chipotle flavor mixed with an equal amount of mayo. Perfect. "
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Country Bob’s All Purpose Sauce Apple Chipotle
- 2 1/3 pound Zaycon Fresh hamburger patties 80/20
- 2 bacon squares (recipe: datenightdoins.com/tag/bacon-squares)
- Smoked mozzarella cheese, to taste
- 1/2 bag frozen onion rings, baked
- Chef of the Future Southwestern Rub & Seasoning, to taste
- Your favorite buns and condiments
STEP 1: Mix the first two ingredients together for the special sauce. Heat the grill to 400°F.
STEP 2: Season your meat and grill about 2 minutes per side. They’ll cook fast at this temperature. After 2 minutes flip them and add cheese and bacon square.
STEP 3: When the meat reaches an internal temperature around 160°F pull it off, cover it and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. U.S.D.A. safe is 165°F. Keep in mind that the meat will continue cooking for another 5 to 10 degrees after you pull it off the grill. I use a Maverick ProTemp Instant Read Thermometer for checking meat temps.
STEP 4: Build your Southwest Bacon Burgers and enjoy.
Serve with Twice Fried Fries!