"AIP-friendly, grain-free and gluten-free, your favorite fried chicken and waffles gets a nourishing makeover with this delicious recipe from eat G.A.N.G.S.T.E.R.! Stack it high and enjoy for summer brunch, Memorial Day picnics and more!"
For the Waffles:
Prepare eat G.A.N.G.S.T.E.R. Pancake & Waffle Mix as directed on back of pouch.
For the Chicken:
1 pound chicken Tenders or Strips
1 cup Coconut Milk
2 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
1/3 cup Avocado Oil
14 ounce bag of Plantain Chips
2 tablespoon Tiger Nut flour
1 teaspoon dried Parsley
2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
2 teaspoons Onion Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven or air fryer to 400F.
- Prepare eat G.A.N.G.S.T.E.R. waffle mix as directed on package, pour batter into waffle maker, and set prepared waffles aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together coconut milk and ACV. Set aside.
- In a food processor fitted with an “S” blade, pulse together the plantain chips, tiger nut flour, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley and salt until chips are finely ground. Set aside.
- Pat the chicken strips with a paper towel until dry. Dip each strip first in the coconut milk mixture and then in the dry mixture. Make sure each strip is coated well.
- If using oven, prepare a baking sheet with either parchment paper or cooking spray, and place chicken strips on the prepared tray. If using air fryer, place chicken strips in the air fryer that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Lightly spray the chicken strips with cooking spray and bake for 10 minutes. Gently turn the strips over, spray lightly, and bake for another 10-12 minutes.
- Top your eat G.A.N.G.S.T.E.R. waffles with the chicken and dress with maple syrup or your favorite AIP sauce!