- 4 halibut steaks or fillets (4 to 6 ounces each), fresh, thawed, or frozen
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons each dried oregano and dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder and garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon each black pepper and salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat grill to medium high.
Mix together all dry-seasoning ingredients until well combined.
Rinse any ice glaze from frozen halibut under cold water; pat dry with paper towel.
Place fish on a spray-coated or foil-lined baking sheet.
Brush butter on to top surfaces of halibut and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon seasoning mixture.
Grill halibut 5 to 7 inches from heat for 13 to 15 minutes for frozen halibut or 8 minutes for fresh fish. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
NOTE: For best results with frozen fish, cook halibut 4 minutes before adding butter and spices.