- For the dough:
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup organic white sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Simply Organic® Madagascar Vanilla Beans, scraped
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Pure Vanilla Extract
- For the filling:
- 2 cups blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 packed cups peach slices (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon organic white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Ginger
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 13×9-inch baking dish.
Filling: In a large bowl, gently combine the blackberries, peach slices, white sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside.
Dough: In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the milk, melted butter, sugar, vanilla bean seeds and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk together until combined.
Pour the dough into a greased baking dish. Pour the filling (and juices from the filling) over the dough.
Bake for 1 hour, until the sides begin to brown (not burn). Allow the cobbler to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Serving suggestions: Serve with homemade whipped cream and or vanilla ice cream. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.