"The trick to achieving tasty BBQ is real smoke flavor. And, to get real smoke flavor, you need quality, natural hardwoods, with or without a pellet grill. Start grilling with pellets, and everyone will immediately taste the difference—it’s a game changer."
1 boneless, skinless turkey or chicken breast, approximately 2 pounds, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon loosely packed light brown sugar
1 package center-cut bacon, cut in half
Sliced green onions
Chef’s Choice or Butcher’s Blend Bear Mountain BBQ Pellets
1/2 cup sweet barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons buffalo sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 1-inch turkey pieces into a medium size bowl. Sprinkle chili powder, paprika, cayenne, garlic salt, black pepper and brown sugar over top. Mix well.
- Wrap half a slice of bacon around each turkey piece. Secure with a toothpick and place them onto the parchment paper.
- Place the baking sheet into your preheated grill and bake for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the barbecue sauce, buffalo sauce and garlic in a small bowl. Brush the turkey pieces halfway through cooking. Brush another layer of sauce five minutes before the cook time is over. Cook until the turkey pieces reach 165 degrees F.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and serve with ranch dressing for dipping.