"Why not brighten things up with light and healthy pickled shrimp bites? This Southern-inspired hors d’oeuvre is as satisfying as it is savory and great for everything from casual to elegant events. "
- 1/2 cup brine from pickle jar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 slices lemon
- Pinch sugar
- 1 teaspoon tri-color or black peppercorns (optional)
- 1/4 cup vegetables from the jar, very finely chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 18 cooked medium shrimp (if desired, tails removed)
- 1 container (5.3-ounce) goat cheese
- 18 Vlasic® Farmer’s Garden® Dill Pickle Chips
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
- Finely grated lemon peel
Combine pickle brine, lemon juice, lemon slices, sugar, peppercorns and thyme in shallow bowl (or canning jar). Add shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to 3 hours.
Blend goat cheese with vegetables from the jar in small bowl.
To serve, dollop goat cheese mixture on pickle chips and top each with shrimp. Garnish with lemon peel and parsley leaves.