"When burgers are on the tailgate menu, a salmon burger option can be a simple and delicious choice."
- 8 vacuum packed, quick-frozen salmon burgers
- 8 whole-wheat buns of choice
- 8 lettuce leaves
- Lemony-Dill Sauce
- For the Lemony-Dill Sauce:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Additional dill weed for garnish, if desired
Prepare the MacKnight Salmon Burgers per directions on the packaging.
While the salmon burgers are cooking, prepare the Lemony-Dill Sauce. In a medium-sized bowl, combine all the ingredients, and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To serve, place a lettuce leaf on the bottom of each bun, and top with salmon burger and dill sauce. Garnish with additional dill weed, if desired.
Note: When planning a tailgate, make the dill sauce the day before, and transport in a cooler along with prepped lettuce leaves.