"Looking for some kick in your next tailgate party menu? The experts at Johnsonville Kitchens have a dish that’s sure to put some fire in your belly! Tomatoes, peppers, onions, cilantro, black beans and jalapenos come together to create a fantastic salsa that will fill you up, but won’t slow you down. Put this salsa on Johnsonville’s Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Sausage and you’ve got a meal that’s as healthy as it is hot!"
- Salsa Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons diced bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper
- 1/3 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 1 12-ounce package Johnsonville® Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Italian Style Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 4 slices Monterey jack cheese, cut on a diagonal
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 2 jalapeños, sliced and grilled
- Additional cilantro
Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
Cut bun to create a hinge. Lightly butter top and bottom of the bun. Place on the grill, buttered side down. Grill for 30 seconds or until lightly browned. Remove roll from grill.
Place chicken sausage on grill; heat evenly.
Place two half slices of cheese on the bottom side of each bun. Top with 1/4 cup of salsa. Place chicken sausage on salsa, top with sliced tomatoes and grilled sliced jalapeños. Sprinkle with additional cilantro.