"Surprise your tailgate party guests with this quick and easy flatbread pizza recipe! To bake the pizzas on the grill, preheat grill to 450°F. Place the flatbread directly on the grill grates, and cook for 13 to 15 minutes. Check the bottoms of the flatbread after about 6 minutes to avoid burning. If already brown move them away from the direct heat and continue cooking using indirect heat method."
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small white onion, very thinly sliced
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushroom mixture (3 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 2 3-ounce soft whole-grain naan or other whole-grain flatbreads
- 1/2 cup fresh part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until lightly caramelized, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, rosemary and ¼ teaspoon of the salt, and sauté until the mushrooms are wilted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 450°F. Brush the entire top surface of each flatbread with the remaining ½ tablespoon oil. In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta, garlic, and remaining ¼ teaspoon of the salt and spread mixture onto the flatbreads, leaving about a ¼-inch rim. Top with the mozzarella cheese, mushroom mixture and sesame seeds.
Place both pizzas on a large baking sheet and bake until the cheese is fully melted and the crust is crisp, about 13–15 minutes. Remove from the oven. Let stand for about 5 minutes to complete the cooking process. Cut each pizza into 4 pieces, sprinkle with the basil, and serve immediately.