"A delicious and easy-to-make copycat of Taco Bell's iconic Crunchwrap Supreme. Made with seasoned ground beef, refried beans, cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, and a toasty tortilla. Perfect appetizer or meal!"
1 pound ground beef
2/3 cup water
1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 flour tortillas (12″)
3 flour or corn tortillas (5″)
3 tostada shells
1/2 cup La Preferida Nacho Cheese Sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup La Preferida Jalapeño Nacho Slices, drained
1/2 cup La Preferida Salsa Verde
- In a large pan over medium heat, brown and crumble beef. Drain if necessary.
- Stir in Taco Seasoning and mix well for about 30 sec. Add 2/3 cup of water to the pan and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and cook for 1 minute. When done, set aside.
- In a separate pan, warm up cheese sauce on low heat. (Or microwave according to package directions.)
- Microwave 12″ tortilla for a few seconds until pliable.
- Add 6 tbsp of ground beef to the center of the tortilla. Make sure the beef stays within a 5″ diameter so the smaller tortilla can cover it.
- Spread 4 tbsp of cheese sauce evenly over the meat.
- Place tostada on top of the meat. Spread 2 tbsp of sour cream on top of the tostada.
- Add 2 tbsp of lettuce, 4 tbsp of shredded cheese, jalapeños, and salsa on top of the tostada.
- Top off the tostada with the 5″ tortilla and sprinkle a small amount of cheese on top to help it stick.
- Fold the edges of the large tortilla over the tostada and toward the center of the smaller tortilla. Fold each section toward the middle until it creates a hexagon shape.
- In a large pan, add olive oil over low-medium heat. Place the wrap (seam side down) and press down on it with a spatula. Cook for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip over and repeat. Cut into halves or quarters.
- Repeat steps 1-12 for the other 2 wraps.