Whether it is Game Day this weekend or just a regular movie night, you can never go wrong with a bucket of chicken wings. Admit it, chicken wings hold a special place in your heart and stomach. Thanks to their versatility, you can enjoy homemade chicken wings in more ways than you can imagine. Talk about winning!
Your mouth is probably watering with hunger now. So, what are you waiting for? Go make yourself a big batch of ever-so-good chicken wings. Reward your belly and satisfy your appetite with these homemade recipes:
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Wings
Let us start this list with an easy 2-ingredient BBQ Chicken Wing recipe. You will need to use an instant pot or other electric pressure cooker for this savory appetizer. And, in about 35 minutes, expect to see yourself craving more chicken wings!
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- Start by pressure cooking the chicken wings. Pour a cup filled with cold water into your pressure cooker. After installing the steamer, place the chicken wings inside. Then gently close the lid and cook it on high pressure with full natural release for exactly 5 minutes. Carefully open the lid.
- While waiting for the natural releasing of your instant pot, preheat your air fryer to 400°F for 10 minutes. If you are cooking using an oven, preheat it to 450°F.
- Pat your chicken wings dry and start applying BBQ sauce to it in a mixing bowl.
- Place your chicken wings in the air fryer for approximately 5 minutes or until the sauce becomes caramelized. For an oven, place the chicken wings in a wide tray and bake them for 8 minutes or until the sauce becomes caramelized.
Spicy Asian Chicken Wings
Since being introduced to us in 1964, we still can’t get enough chicken wings. We love the greasy and savory aftertaste that lingers on our fingers. You can spice up your regular chicken wing recipe with this Asian version of this iconic dish.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- ¼ cup chili garlic sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup virgin olive oil
- four cloves garlic, minced
- One tablespoon of minced ginger
- Juice from a lime
- Mix all your ingredients except for the chicken wings. Set aside half a cup of the mixture. Marinate your chicken wings in the large bowl. Cover with a plastic wrapper and refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400°. Put a baking sheet on a wide tray and a wire rack over it. Then put your marinated chicken wings on top. Bake for 50 minutes or until it’s crispy and golden. Flip halfway through the baking time.
- In a pan, simmer your reserved mixture for 10 minutes.
- Brush sauce to your chicken wings and broil it in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
From being the most discarded part of a chicken, wings have become everybody’s go-to food. This recipe is one of the classic chicken wing recipes you should serve on your next movie night! Or better yet now.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Two teaspoons garlic powder
- Two teaspoons of seasoned salt.
- Two tablespoons parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Toss your chicken wings in the mixed flour.
- Start heating your fryer oil to 350°. Deep fry your wings for 5 to 7 minutes. Drain your wings using a wire rack.
- Bake your wings for 15 minutes or until they’re golden.
- For the sauce, melt the butter and garlic powder in a small pan. Stir the parmesan cheese in your melted butter. Place your cooked wings in a bowl and coat them with your prepared sauce.
- Sprinkle more parmesan cheese and parsley before serving it.
Grilled Chicken Wings
Nothing beats the fun of outdoor grilling. The smell of the grill and the enjoyment of being outdoors only adds to the excitement. Don’t hesitate to add some smoky taste to your palate with this exciting chicken wing recipe. Break out your tailgate chairs and get ready for a backyard BBQ party!
- 36 chicken wings
- Two teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- One tablespoon brown sugar
- Two tablespoon olive oil
- Two tablespoon apple cider
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup ketchup
- Chipotle pepper
- Kosher salt
- Feta cheese
- Black pepper
- Heat your grill to a medium-low.
- Mix ketchup, Worcestershire, vinegar, sugar, ketchup, and chipotle in a small pan. Set aside a separate bowl with a mixture of sour cream, lime zest, juice, feta, and cilantro.
- Toss your wings that have been brushed with oil, salt, and pepper to the grill. Brush your corn with the same ingredients too.
- Grill for 12 minutes. Spread the sauce on the wings and corn occasionally.
- Serve with the sour cream sauce.
Planning for the next game day or movie night with your loved ones? That is great! These recipes will require little to no sweat to prepare. Remember that homemade chicken wings will always and forever be your great pal when it comes to appetizers and snacks.