Whether you are a food lover or just looking to expand your culinary horizons, exploring recipes from different countries is a surefire way to make your taste buds happy. With so many incredible recipes out there, it is hard to narrow down the list. To get you started on your global kitchen adventure, here are some of the best recipes from around the world.
If you are looking for a quick fix that you can enjoy while playing games at Slots Capital casino, then tacos are a perfect choice. This Mexican staple is a favorite of both young and old alike and makes for a delicious snack or entrée.
- 12 taco shells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 (15-ounce) can of tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- Shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, and diced onions for toppings
- Set the oven to 375°F for preheating. Taco shells should be placed on a baking pan and baked for 8 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Place aside to cool a little.
- Add the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat and cook until no longer pink, about seven minutes, occasionally stirring to break it up into small pieces. Add in the taco seasoning and stir to combine.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and water and stir everything together, then reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for five minutes until the liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Fill each taco shell with some of the beef mixtures, then top with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and onions as desired. Serve immediately.
Paella is a traditional Spanish dish made with saffron-infused rice and an array of ingredients like chicken, seafood, and vegetables. It’s a perfect one-pot meal that is sure to please everyone at the dinner table. Follow this simple recipe to make your own delicious paella at home.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups short grain rice (like arborio)
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch of saffron threads
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- 8 ounces shrimp (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or shallow pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for three minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the rice, stirring to coat with the oil, and cook for one minute. Pour in the broth and season with paprika, turmeric, saffron threads, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the lid and stir in peas, tomatoes, and shrimp (if using). Simmer uncovered until liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked through – about 10 more minutes. Serve warm with extra black pepper if desired.
Risotto is an Italian classic that’s creamy and comforting. The key ingredient in this dish is Arborio rice which gives it its signature texture and flavor. You can add whatever seasonal ingredients you have on hand—mushrooms, asparagus, shrimp, or even sausage—and transform it into something special. This classic recipe elevates comfort food to the next level!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- ¼ cup white wine (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or oregano)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes until the onions are translucent. Add the rice and stir to coat with oil.
- Pour in the broth, white wine, if using, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover with a lid, and simmer for 18 minutes until liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked through.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese until combined evenly throughout the risotto. Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve warm!
Pho is a fragrant Vietnamese noodle soup that’s packed full of flavor thanks to its star ingredient: beef broth. Rice noodles are added along with beef slices or meatballs, herbs, and spices for an unforgettable meal that will leave you wanting more.
- 2 quarts beef stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch ginger root peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 4 cloves
- 2 star anise pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 ounces thin rice noodles or vermicelli noodles
- ½ pound boneless beef sirloin (or chicken breast), thinly sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- Cilantro, basil, lime wedges, jalapeños, onions, and scallions for garnish
- In a large pot, bring the beef stock to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and add the garlic, ginger root, fish sauce, brown sugar or coconut sugar, cloves, star anise pods, and cinnamon stick. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes until flavors have blended into the stock.
- Add the rice noodles or vermicelli noodles to the pot and cook for 3 minutes until just tender. Add the thinly sliced beef (or chicken) to the soup and simmer for 1 minute until cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Divide soup into individual bowls, then top with bean sprouts and desired garnishes such as cilantro leaves, basil leaves, lime wedges, jalapeños slices, diced onions, and chopped scallions to taste. Serve warm.
Exploring recipes from around the world can be both fun and delicious. Whether you are feeling adventurous or simply want to try something new, these four recipes will give your taste buds something to look forward to every night of the week.