Planning to feed a hungry tailgate crowd? A tender, juicy smoked brisket is the perfect choice for game day. Perfecting a smoked brisket is something every griller wants to achieve. Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered with these tips from our friends at BBQGuys that will guarantee your success!
1. Trim the hard fat off your brisket but create pockets so the seasoning and smoke can soak into the meat. Leave about a quarter-inch layer.
2. Use a drip pan and add liquid to it. It helps to keep moisture and adds great flavor. Our favorite mixture is bourbon and apple juice.
3. Spray the brisket every few hours with a mixture of water and apple cider vinegar to keep the edges from getting too charred.
4. The brisket cooking time will vary, count on about an hour or so per pound, but after you reach your desired bark, wrap the brisket up in foil to prevent drying it out and to help get it up to temp.
5. Aim for an internal temperature of around 200° and be sure to let the brisket rest to keep all those juices in. Time frame will vary, but an hour is a safe bet.
Now, let’s see how easy it is to achieve smoked brisket perfection with this mouthwatering brisket recipe. It’s perfect for your next tailgate party or backyard gathering!