½ pound breakfast sausage
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 (10 oz) package frozen spinach (or fresh is you have it)
3 cups Muenster cheese (shredded)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Prepare charcoal (lump or briquettes, your preference) and dump in Drum Smoker Charcoal Basket. Assemble the Smokin’ Ugly Pizza Oven. Prepare charcoal (lump or briquettes, your preference), dump in Pizza Oven Charcoal Basket and place griddle. Once griddle is heated:
- Brown breakfast sausage. Browning can be done directly on the griddle or in a cast iron pan.
- Sautee onions and spinach in vegetable oil (if using frozen spinach, cook until all excess moisture is removed). Again, this can be done directly on the griddle or in a cast iron pan.
- Remove ingredients from heat. Place in a cast iron pan if griddle was used.
- Carefully remove the Pizza Oven Accessories, dumping remaining Pizza Oven charcoal into the Drum Smoker Charcoal Basket.
- Add wood chips if desired (we prefer apple wood).
- Wisk 5 eggs into sausage/onion/spinach mixture and whisk until blended.
- Add in shredded cheese and mix until evenly blended.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the cast iron pan and cook 45-55 minutes until eggs are set.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.