"You can cook anything in your pellet grill that you can cook in your oven. Pellet-Baked Blackberry Crisp is delicious proof!"
Pellets: GMG Fruitwood Pellets
1 cup Flour
1 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
3/4 cup Sugar
3 tablespoons Cornstarch
6 cups Blackberries
1 stick of Butter
For the Topping:
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat an egg.
- Make a depression in the center of the dry mix and pour the egg into it.
- Fold gently until the topping mixture is crumbly.
For the Filling:
- Mix the sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Put 6 cups of fresh or frozen blackberries (or boysenberries) in a large bowl and sprinkle with the sugar/cornstarch mix. Toss gently to evenly coat the berries.
- Grease a square 8″ or 9″ pan with butter. Put the berries in it and sprinkle the topping over evenly.
- Melt a stick of butter and drizzle it evenly over the topping.
- Bake this at 375° for 45 minutes.