- 1.5 pound ribeye
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Kochujang paste
- 4 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Spicy Cabbage Slaw:
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (green and red)
- 1 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, rough chopped
- 4 tablespoons Kochujang paste
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
Make the marinade. Add soy sauce, chili paste (Kochujang), sugar, garlic, black pepper and sesame oil in a mixing bowl. Whisk until the sugar granules dissolve and set aside.
Thinly slice the ribeye. You can put it in the freezer, in plastic wrap, for 20 minutes to harden the steak to make it easier to slice.
Add marinade to the sliced steak. It’s best to marinade overnight, but you can also let it marinate for 1 hour at room temperature.
Make Dressing. Mix Kochujang paste, garlic, sesame oil, rice vinegar, sugar and sesame seeds. Toss shredded cabbage, scallions and cilantro with Kochujang mixture.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside, allowing the flavors to marry.
Brush a little bit of olive oil on tortillas and warm in a pan or the oven.
Cook steak on high heat in an oiled grill pan. Be sure to shake off any excess marinade from the meat before adding to the pan. Flip once, cooking for a few minutes on each side, until there are grill marks.
Assemble the tacos by adding steak to the tortillas and top off with the spicy Korean slaw.