"This is not your average chicken sandwich. The Fried Chicken Yum Yum features a bun filled with a boneless chicken breast seasoned and dipped in your favorite crushed 4505 Chicharrones, creating a chich-crusted chicken, topped off with slaw and a creamy white sauce."
- For the Chicken:
- 1 4-ounce all-natural boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh
- 1 cup flour or gluten-free substitute
- 1 1-ounce bag 4505 Chicharrones, your favorite flavor
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces whole milk
- 1–2 cups vegetable oil or olive oil blend for pan frying
- 1 hamburger bun
- For the Slaw:
- 1 cup green cabbage, ½-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons red onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons carrot, sliced into thin coins
- 6 sprigs cilantro, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapenos
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt, kosher
- 2 teaspoons sugar, cane or palm
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- For the White Sauce:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon coriander, ground
Roll a rolling pin or wine bottle over the chicharrones until they are the size of a small bean. Pat dry and trim the chicken. Whisk the milk and egg together in a shallow bowl or plate. Season the chicken with salt and dredge it in flour. Pat off excess. Dip the chicken into the egg/milk mixture, lift out, and allow excess egg wash to run off.
Pour the crushed chicharrones onto a plate and place the chicken on top. Press down gently to adhere chicharrones to the chicken. Continue until all sides are coated.
Use a cast iron skillet, if you can. It should be deep enough that the oil comes halfway up the sides of the chicken.
Cook the chicken on medium heat (approx. 350⁰F) for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Be sure to cook the chicken to an internal temperature of 165⁰F. Remove the chicken from the oil and place it on a paper towel. Season lightly with salt.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, except cilantro, and let sit for one hour.
Combine all ingredients and chill well before using.
Assemble by toasting your bun on both sides. Fold the cilantro into your slaw. Put a little sauce on the bottom bun, then place your chicken on top, followed by a cup or so of slaw. Add more sauce and cover with top of bun.