"The perfect finger food for your tapas tasting, these warm, crisp turnovers are filled with spicy mixture of turkey, almonds, olives and raisins."
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Cumin, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Oregano Leaves, Mediterranean
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie crusts (4 crusts)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Add turkey; cook and stir until no longer pink. Stir in garlic powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, thyme and tomato sauce.
Reduce heat to low; simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in almonds, olives and raisins.
Prepare crusts as directed on package. On lightly floured surface, roll each crust into 12-inch circle. Using 4-inch round cutter, cut each into 6 circles for a total of 24 circles.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of filling onto half of each circle. Moisten edge of each with water. Fold in half; press edge with a fork to seal. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Pierce top of each with fork to vent.
Bake 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.