Hard-boiled deviled eggs are a perfect appetizer for parties or a quick snack for any time of day. Take the traditional deviled egg up a notch with this collection of quick and easy recipes loaded with tons of flavor. Kick off your next tailgate or backyard barbecue party with these simple protein packed appetizers. Your guests will not be dissapointed!
For Perfect Hard-boiled Eggs
- Place 12 eggs in a pan and cover with 1 inch of water.
- Bring just to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cover with a lid. Let eggs steam for 12 minutes.
- Cool in cold water for 15 minutes.
Deviled Eggs-pert Tips
- Hard-boiled eggs are easiest to peel right after cooling because the egg contracts slightly in the shell.
- Refrigerate hard-boiled eggs in the shell up to one week. Once peeled, eggs should be consumed within 2 days.
- To peel—gently tap the egg on the countertop until finely crackled all over. Roll the egg between hands to loosen shell. Start peeling at large end.